Join us for a day full of fun as we wrap up summer with our annual arts festival. The tenth North Winton Village Festival of the Arts will take place Saturday, September 17, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the Linear Garden between East Main St. (next to Summit Federal Credit Union) and Mayfield St. (near the Winfield Grill). Here are ten tips to help make it an enjoyable experience for you, your family, and friends.
1. Need a little extra cash for that one-of-a-kind craft? ATMs are available at Summit Federal Credit Union by the Linear Garden arch, and at ESL Federal Credit Union across East Main St.
2. Dress for a warm day, but bring an umbrella: The weather calls for a high temperature near 80 with occasional showers.
3. Festival parking is available on-street and in the plaza across East Main St. (except for designated spaces). Or, you can always walk (see umbrella note above).
4. Jimmy Highsmith, Jr. and Fatima are the headlining musicians again this year. If you saw them last year, you’ll know why we’re so glad to have them back.
5. Will there be food? Yes, there will be food. And there are a few restaurants and bars nearby in case you didn’t know….
6. Take your time and browse. You won’t need to stress about crowds and traffic at our little festival.
7. Bring your kids. There will be a bounce house and music all day long. Also, the Winton Branch Library is just a block from the festival and is open from 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
8. You can help make next year’s arts festival happen. The festival is made possible by many generous businesses and individuals. Take a look at our poster and let them know you appreciate their support.
9. Follow the North Winton Village Association Facebook page for updates, photos, and other neighborhood news.
10. Let us know what you like about the festival and what we could do better. Email your feedback to info(at-symbol)northwinton.org.
Bonus Tip: If you share pictures of the festival on social media, be sure to tag our Facebook page, @northwinton on Twitter, and @northwintonvillage on Instagram, and/or use the tag #nwvfestival.*
* Neighborhood Twitter and Instagram accounts are not affiliated with the North Winton Village Association.
The 7th Annual North Winton Village Festival of the Arts will be held Saturday, September 14, 2013, from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
We are currently seeking volunteers to serve on the committee. We meet once a month and the meeting times are flexible.
Are you interested in helping your community with this wonderful event? Then we want you…..
For more information or to join please call Marilyn Parchus at 585-224-9766 or send an email to info[at]northwinton.org.
Live MUSIC on the MAIN STAGE (Linear Garden)
September 15, 2012
11 a.m. Allen Hopkins & Nancy Lee Drum
12 noon Jed Curran & Steve Piper
1 p.m. Group Therapy Country-Grass Band
2 p.m. Striking Strings Hammered Dulcimer Ensemble
3 p.m. Golden Link Folk Singing Society
4 p.m. All Terrain Blues Band
For more information, see our Festival of the Arts page.
Save the Date
You’re invited to attend a meeting for the 2012 North Winton Village Festival of the Arts Publicity Committee.
Tuesday, March 6
North Winton Village Safety Center
1933 East Main St.
We need your input!
Come one, come all. There’s plenty of parking for the North Winton Village Festival of the Arts:
Winfield parking lot on east side of street across from 657 Winton Rd North
Browncroft Baptist Church at 420 Winton Rd North
Merwin’s Auto at 739 Winton Rd North
Graves Home Improvement 755 Winton Rd North
Mayfield Pub, Luvaboos, Captain Jim’s Parking from East Main between Luvaboos and Winfield Parking lot.
Humboldt Rec Center at 1065 Atlantic Avenue
Summit Federal Credit Union at 2315 E. Main St., Friday after 6:00 p.m. and Saturday after 1:00 p.m.
ESL at 215 Merchants Rd., Friday after 6:00 p.m. and Saturday after 1:00 p.m
There is lots of on street parking as well, for example East Main both sides of the street, Mayfield Street, Winton Rd, Elm Street, Elmcroft Rd, Quentin Rd, Corwin Rd, Merchants Rd, Atlantic Ave, Woodstock Rd, etc.
Or better than parking, just walk or ride your bike!